70's Horror Film

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Only a three hour plane ride takes you to one of my most favorite cities. I have somehow come to enjoy sitting in traffic for hours, having a horizon of buildings so tall they touch the clouds, seeing beauty in the webs of telephone lines and feeling engulfed by the almost unbearable humidity. Because in all of that there are the joys of hundreds of shops, thousands of ethnic restaurants, millions of people from all over the world and a beach.

This week I was able to visit my sister and her husband and attempt to capture the incredible beauty of Toronto. I had so much fun learning and growing with them. We took props from their home and found an old graveyard for this shoot. They had plenty of ideas for me, but I take credit for eventually getting them to smile! They are film photographers with a very unique style and according to my sister, they don't smile for pictures.

Although you may think our choice of location is creepy, maybe even like an old horror movie, you must understand my fascination of graveyards. Look at how unique each stone is, imagine who that person once was, where they came from, and what their story was. 

Love, CAT









7 comments:

child of the universe April 6, 2011 at 10:35 PM  

Love ALL of them more than life. And the hands holding stuff looks amazing!!!

Anonymous,  April 6, 2011 at 10:39 PM  

I love these photos. I can honestly say, these are some of the best photographs I've seen in a long time. Love the tone, colour, lighting - everything. You're pretty talented, young lady.

Bailey and Robbie April 7, 2011 at 9:27 AM  

These are awesome Chloe! You're so good!!

emtay April 7, 2011 at 9:21 PM  

looking for the definiton of love?
look no further. ;)

akathemom April 8, 2011 at 8:21 PM  

The last one is priceless. Great job Chloe!

Anonymous,  April 9, 2011 at 9:48 AM  

Just like Holly, love the hand ones. Was that with a 50mm lens?

Lisa L April 13, 2011 at 7:54 PM  

Wow! Who watches TV in a graveyard? What a great shoot you did - so so cool! So excited for our turn!!

Post a Comment